With the joys of the holiday season can also come fire-safety risks. We share the following tips to help keep your family and home safe during the winter holidays and beyond.
Indoor Christmas lights:
- Be sure the lights are rated for indoor use and look for Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL) or other recognized independent testing laboratory designations on the label.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets or extension cords – and don’t connect more than three sets of lights into one extension cord.
- Turn off all lights and electric-powered decorations before going to bed.
- Protect cords so pets can’t chew them.
Outdoor Christmas lights:
- Make sure these are also rated accordingly – approved for outdoor use.
- Use weather-resistant outdoor electrical cords.
- Don’t attach lights with nails or staples.
Christmas tree safety:
- Never use flame-lit candles on a Christmas tree.
- Make sure your artificial Christmas tree is fire-retardant.
- Keep live trees watered sufficiently – and select a live tree that is fresh and its needles are not dry.
- Keep all trees at least three feet away from any heat source.
- Don’t burn candles near trees or greenery. Consider using battery-operated candles instead.
- Make sure the candle is sturdy and can’t be easily knocked over.
- Extinguish all candles before going to bed.
- Inspect all holiday lights for frayed wiring, loose connections, broken bulbs and other signs of wear and tear.
- Have a fire escape plan and be sure all members of the home are aware of it.
- Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
- Have your fireplace inspected regularly – and keep it cleaned after use.
- Keep matches out of the reach of children.
Below is the schedule for building siding replacement for 2021 and 2022. If your building is not on this list, it has either already been completed or will be in 2020.
Tentatively scheduled for siding replacement in 2021
Bldg # 34 4817-4829 Smoketalk
Bldg # 42 4756-4777 Crazy Horse
46 Crazy Horse/Blue Cloud
47 4784-4802 Crazy Horse
Bldg # 44 5461-5479 Blue Cloud
Tentatively scheduled for siding replacement in 2022
Bldg # 28 4752-4762 Smoketalk
Bldg # 49 4826-4844 Crazy Horse
Bldg # 53 4878-4896 Clearfork
Bldg # 54 4750-4764 Powderhorn
Three members of the Chippewill Board of Directors were reappointed at the last board meeting to serve a new term. Congratulations to Chris Campbell-Acosta, Kelly Castle and Trish Morrow.
Owners who need a COI for their lender/mortgage company should contact the agent for this information. Please contact Allison Krafty directly at the Ty Kashmiry Agency, 614.923.2886 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include that you’re a Chippewill unit owner, and provide your unit address and loan information in order to be included on the COI the lender.
- We need owners to provide any updated contact information, including phone numbers and email addresses. If your unit is rented and occupied by a tenant, we need the names of all occupants in the unit. This information is required by Vector Security for fire alarm monitoring purposes. We need this information immediately; please email it to email@example.com or phone Vector Security directly at (614) 367-7820.
- Please fill out and return the posted Fireplace Questionnaire form (under Documents) no later than February 20, 2020. The insurer of the Association’s Master Insurance Policy requires this information from every unit owner in order to renew our insurance. The form also includes a list of local companies that provide fireplace inspections and chimney cleaning services for your information.
- The 2019 Chippewill Owner’s Handbook is also posted on the Home Page, along with the 2020 Refuse & Recycle Calendar from the city of Columbus.
- Finally, don’t forget that the Association’s monthly board meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month. Unit owners can access monthly meeting minutes and financials from our website’s Community Resources page. This page is password protected – and if you need the password, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.