The July 4th weekend is typically one of grilling and barbecuing outside — with family, friends and plenty of good food. Vector Security offers 10 Grilling Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues.
With the joys of the holiday season can also come fire-safety risks. We share the following tips to help keep your family and home safe during the winter holidays and beyond.
Indoor Christmas lights:
- Be sure the lights are rated for indoor use and look for Underwriter’s Laboratory (UL) or other recognized independent testing laboratory designations on the label.
- Don’t overload electrical outlets or extension cords – and don’t connect more than three sets of lights into one extension cord.
- Turn off all lights and electric-powered decorations before going to bed.
- Protect cords so pets can’t chew them.
Outdoor Christmas lights:
- Make sure these are also rated accordingly – approved for outdoor use.
- Use weather-resistant outdoor electrical cords.
- Don’t attach lights with nails or staples.
Christmas tree safety:
- Never use flame-lit candles on a Christmas tree.
- Make sure your artificial Christmas tree is fire-retardant.
- Keep live trees watered sufficiently – and select a live tree that is fresh and its needles are not dry.
- Keep all trees at least three feet away from any heat source.
- Don’t burn candles near trees or greenery. Consider using battery-operated candles instead.
- Make sure the candle is sturdy and can’t be easily knocked over.
- Extinguish all candles before going to bed.
- Inspect all holiday lights for frayed wiring, loose connections, broken bulbs and other signs of wear and tear.
- Have a fire escape plan and be sure all members of the home are aware of it.
- Make sure all smoke alarms are working.
- Have your fireplace inspected regularly – and keep it cleaned after use.
- Keep matches out of the reach of children.
Below is the schedule for building siding replacement for 2021 and 2022. If your building is not on this list, it has either already been completed or will be in 2020.
Tentatively scheduled for siding replacement in 2021
Bldg # 34 4817-4829 Smoketalk
Bldg # 42 4756-4777 Crazy Horse
46 Crazy Horse/Blue Cloud
47 4784-4802 Crazy Horse
Bldg # 44 5461-5479 Blue Cloud
Tentatively scheduled for siding replacement in 2022
Bldg # 28 4752-4762 Smoketalk
Bldg # 49 4826-4844 Crazy Horse
Bldg # 53 4878-4896 Clearfork
Bldg # 54 4750-4764 Powderhorn
Three members of the Chippewill Board of Directors were reappointed at the last board meeting to serve a new term. Congratulations to Chris Campbell-Acosta, Kelly Castle and Trish Morrow.
Owners who need a COI for their lender/mortgage company should contact the agent for this information. Please contact Allison Krafty directly at the Ty Kashmiry Agency, 614.923.2886 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include that you’re a Chippewill unit owner, and provide your unit address and loan information in order to be included on the COI the lender.